The LIFE Call for Proposals 2022 is inviting stakeholders actively working on accelerating the clean energy transition and decarbonising Europe to submit their project ideas.
The LIFE Clean Energy Transition Call 2022 has 18 funding topics covering important aspects of driving forward the clean energy transition in Europe in all areas of life such as
- boosting energy communities and the engagement of citizens in the transition;
- creating a better finance framework for sustainable energy;
- eradicating energy poverty;
- getting sustainable energy investment projects off the ground;
- building up and training the national work forces to deliver a decarbonised building stock;
- supporting local and regional public authorities in planning carbon neutrality;
- setting up one-stop-shops for home renovation or public buildings renovations;
- accelerating the deployment of heat pumps in line with RePowerEU;
- supporting the clean energy transition of the business sector;
- developing actions towards a zero-emission building stock and decarbonising the heating sector.
LIFE Clean Energy Transition supports all selected projects under the Call 2022 with 95% of their project costs.
Project ideas need to fit into the topic scopes and applicants should read carefully the topic description. Watch the recorded info sessions per topic here!
Additional guidance such as on how to write an excellent proposal is published on our LIFE Calls for Proposals 2022.
For any clarifications on the Call topic descriptions, you can contact the LIFE Clean Energy Team on CINEA-LIFE-CET@ec.europa.eu.
Get started now! The deadline to submit your project ideas is the 16 November 2022!
The following topics are open for applications of at least one applicant:
- LIFE-2022-CET-BUILDSKILLS: BUILD UP Skills – Strategies and training interventions enabling a decarbonised building stock
- LIFE-2022-CET-HOMERENO: Integrated Home Renovation Services
- LIFE-2022-CET-RENOPUB: Setting up facilitation structures to accelerate the renovation wave in the public sector
- LIFE-2022-CET-PDA: Project Development Assistance for sustainable energy investments
- LIFE-2022-CET-COMPLIANCE: New ecodesign and energy labelling compliance support facility for suppliers and retailers
- LIFE-2022-CET-FINROUND: National Finance Roundtables for sustainable energy investments
For the topics listed below, applicants need to create aconsortium of at least 3 applicants from 3 different eligible countries:
- LIFE-2022-CET-LOCAL: Technical support to clean energy transition plans and strategies in municipalities and regions
- LIFE-2022-CET-POLICY: Towards an effective implementation of key legislation in the field of sustainable energy
- LIFE-2022-CET-EE1st: Making the “Energy efficiency first” principle more operational
- LIFE-2022-CET-DEEPRENO: Towards a zero-emission building stock: strengthening the enabling framework for deep renovation
- LIFE-2022-CET-BUILDPERFORM: Energy performance and Smart Readiness of buildings – making the instruments work
- LIFE-2022-CET-BUSINESS: Supporting the clean energy transition of the business sector
- LIFE-2022-CET-DH: Integration of low-grade renewable energy or waste heat in high temperature district heating
- LIFE-2022-CET-HEATPUMPS: Accelerating deployment and affordability of heat pumps through collective purchase actions and procurement
- LIFE-2022-CET-INNOFIN: Innovative financing schemes for sustainable energy investments
- LIFE-2022-CET-ENERPOV: Addressing building related interventions in vulnerable districts
- LIFE-2022-CET-ENERCOM: Developing support mechanisms for energy communities
- LIFE-2022-CET-MAINSTREAM: Mainstreaming sustainable energy investments in the financial sector
- Publication date
- 9 June 2022 (Last updated on: 8 September 2022)
- European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency