LIFE Calls for proposals 2022
All LIFE Calls for proposals 2022 are published on the Funding & tender opportunities portal since 17 May 2022.
Recordings and presentations from the virtual information sessions on Calls 2022 (18-20 May 2022)
From 18 – 20 May, CINEA held virtual information sessions to guide potential applicants through the LIFE 2022 Calls for proposals.
- LIFE programme – Overview of Call for proposals 2022 (presentation slides)
- Financial aspects + Q&A with Sli.do (presentation slides)
- Policy contexts (DGs Environment, Climate Action, Energy)
- How to write an excellent proposal (recording edition 2021 – content valid for Call 2022)
- How to write an excellent proposal under the CET sub-programme (presentation slides)
- LIFE Key Performance Indicators (recording from edition 2021 – content valid for Call 2022)
- Introduction to the Clean Energy Transition sub-programme (presentation slides)
You can find the recordings and presentations of each sub-programme under the respective calls on CINEA’s central Calls for Proposals page.
Deadlines to submit your proposal
LIFE Calls for proposals 2022 submission deadlines:
- Standard Action Projects (SAPs) for circular economy and quality of life, nature and biodiversity, climate change mitigation and adaptation sub-programmes: 4 October 2022
- LIFE Action Grants for clean energy transition sub-programme: 16 November 2022
- Strategic Integrated Projects (SIPs) and Strategic Nature Projects (SNAPs):
- Concept notes: 8 September 2022
- Full proposals: 30 March 2023
- Technical Assistance preparation for SIPs and SNAPs: 8 September 2022
- Specific Operating Grant Agreements (SGA OG) for non-profit making entities: 21 September 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
Other useful information
Please find here the LIFE Regulation and Multi-Annual Work Programme 2021-2024.
Type of grants
Standard Action Projects (SAP)
Projects, other than strategic integrated projects, strategic nature projects or technical assistance projects, that pursue the specific objectives of the LIFE programme.
Strategic Nature Projects (SNAP)
Projects that support the achievement of Union nature and biodiversity objectives by implementing coherent programmes of action in Member States in order to mainstream those objectives and priorities into other policies and financing instruments, including through coordinated implementation of the prioritised action frameworks adopted pursuant to Directive 92/43/EEC.
Strategic Integrated Projects (SIP)
Projects that implement, on a regional, multi-regional, national or transnational scale, environmental or climate strategies or action plans developed by Member States' authorities and required by specific environmental, climate or relevant energy legislation or policy of the Union, while ensuring that stakeholders are involved and promoting coordination with and mobilisation of at least one other Union, national or private funding source.
Technical Assistance Projects (TA)
Projects that support the development of capacity for participation in standard action projects, the preparation of strategic nature projects and strategic integrated projects, the preparation for accessing other Union financial instruments or other measures necessary for preparing the upscaling or replication of results from other projects funded by the LIFE programme, its predecessor programmes or other Union programmes, with a view to pursuing the LIFE programme objectives set out in Article 3; such projects can also include capacity-building related to the activities of Member States' authorities for effective participation in the LIFE programme.
Other Action Grants (OAG)
Actions needed for the purpose of achieving the general objective of the LIFE programme, including coordination and support actions aimed at capacity-building, at dissemination of information and of knowledge, and at awareness-raising to support the transition to renewable energy and increased energy efficiency.
Operating Grants (OG)
Grants that support the functioning of non-profit making entities which are involved in the development, implementation and enforcement of Union legislation and policy, and which are primarily active in the area of the environment or climate action, including energy transition, in line with the objectives of the LIFE programme.
Project proposals submitted under LIFE calls are evaluated and scored against selection and award criteria.
Support for applicants
The LIFE Programme appoints external experts to assist in the evaluation of grant applications, projects and tenders.
If you have skills and experiences in the sustainable energy field and like to evaluate proposals submitted under the LIFE Clean Energy Transition sub-programme, please register in the European Commission’s database of independent experts.
If you have skills and experiences in the fields of nature & biodiversity, circular economy and climate action and like to evaluate in the LIFE sub-programmes Nature and Biodiversity, Circular economy and quality of life, Climate change mitigation and adaptation, please register your interest with the external Framework Contractor.
Potential expert evaluators can register interest for any of the LIFE sub-programmes.