Energy-saving blockchain technology, replacing outdated electric motors and integrating smart energy services are among the LIFE projects forming a new #SmartEnergyCluster aimed at achieving a sustainable and efficient energy system.
Recognising that collaboration and innovation are key, 19 projects will pool resources and expertise to accelerate the smart energy transition. The projects share a common objective to develop and deploy new business models and concepts which add value by leveraging integrated energy services.
#SmartEnergyCluster projects focus on merging different energy services and incorporating non-energy benefits whilst overcoming market fragmentation and fostering cooperation. This inclusive approach bridges gaps and creates a common ground for business development across different segments.
The cluster also aims to communicate the projects’ activities and success stories to groups interested in smart energy solutions in order to amplify the impact of innovative service offerings, reduced energy costs for end-users, and faster payback periods for sustainable energy investments.
Among the innovative LIFE projects taking part in the #SmartEnergyCluster are:
- InEExS (Integrated Energy Efficiency Services), uses blockchain technology to tokenise energy-saving data and enable cooperation among sectors. It focuses on integrating smart energy services and sustainable technology while bringing together different market actors through distributed ledger technology. InEExS revolutionises energy efficiency by promoting system efficiency, non-energy benefits and seamless cooperation among stakeholders.
“The core of InEExS is the deployment, validation, and replication of integrated energy services,” says InEExS coordinator Filippos Anagnostopoulos, “It opens new possibilities and offers integrated service packages to enable energy savings, promote renovations, electrify heating and improve the efficiency of the energy system.”
- AUDIT-TO-MEASURE, which helps companies reduce energy consumption by translating energy audit opportunities into actionable measures, facilitating their energy transition. “AUDIT-TO-MEASURE helps companies take up the energy-saving measures recommended by energy audits,” explains project coordinator Simone Maggiore. “We are developing a capacity-building programme for decision makers and energy managers within the company, helping them to see the benefits of a more energy-efficient business and operation.”
- EU-MORE (Early Replacement of Old Electric Motors), is an innovative project to accelerate the replacement of outdated electric motors throughout the EU and give credit to Member States which are early adopters of energy-efficient equipment. By promoting sustainable practices and using modern technologies, EU-MORE contributes to the EU’s energy reduction targets through system efficiency and circular economy principles.
- BungEES (Bundling Energy Efficiency Services) - a comprehensive package of smart energy efficiency services which integrates energy sectors and innovative financing and offers rewards for adopting energy-efficient technologies.
The #SmartEnergyCluster highlights the power of collaboration to drive and is a great opportunity to showcase ground-breaking LIFE projects with significant potential for improved energy efficiency, increased renewable energy use and enhanced system flexibility.
The cluster aims to inspire even greater collaboration, innovation and more widespread adoption of smart energy solutions by everyone involved in the sector and to pave the way for a smarter, greener, and more efficient energy system for all.
- Publication date
- 7 July 2023
- European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency