Under the theme ‘Going green and digital for Europe’s energy transition’, EUSEW 2022 included:
- the Policy Conference with leading figures and a rich programme of sessions and debates on building a secure energy for future generations in Europe (the call to organise a session is now closed);
- the prestigious EUSEW Awards, celebrating Europe’s champions in sustainable energy and renewables in four categories: Innovation, Local Energy Action, Woman in Energy and Young Energy Trailblazer (the call to run for the competition is now closed);
- a wide set of local Sustainable Energy Days across Europe from June to September (thecall to register an event is now closed);
- the Networking Village with physical and online stands, and a series of TED-like talks (calls to have a stand and organise a talk is now closed).
As 2022 is the European Year of Youth, EUSEW will see a wide programme for and by a young audience with the third edition of the European Youth Energy Day and a series of Ideation Labs to trigger inter-generational conversations and seek inspiration from actions, visions and insights to further strengthen the European energy transition.
An Info Session took place on 15 February during which participants could discover all EUSEW 2022 main components and practical details on how to apply.
The European Sustainable Energy Week is the biggest annual event dedicated to renewables and efficient energy use in Europe. It consists of a series of activities to build a secure energy future for Europe. It brings together public authorities, private companies, academia, NGOs and consumers to promote initiatives to save energy and move towards renewables for clean, secure and efficient power.
Launched in 2007 by the European Commission, EUSEW has been organised annually and since April 2021 by the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA), in close cooperation with the Directorate-General for Energy.
- Publication date
- 16 February 2022
- European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency