The LIFE Programme participated in the International Congress of Entomology (ICE 2022) from 17 to 22 July in Helsinki, Finland. The central theme of the Congress was ‘Entomology for Our Planet’.
- Helsinki, Finland
- MessukeskusHelsinki, Finland
- More information
The Congress covered a wide range of entomology topics via plenary sessions, thematic parallel sessions, and scientific symposia. An exhibition is also foreseen.
The LIFE Programme was omnipresent during ICE 2022:
On 17 July, a LIFE representative delivered a speech during the opening plenary session of the Congress on: 'Protecting Europe’s threatened invertebrates: Overview of EU policy on the protection of invertebrates and funding opportunities through the LIFE Programme.’
On 19 July, a LIFE symposium presented the LIFE Programme (2021 – 2027), the contribution of LIFE to invertebrates over the last 30 years and tips on how to develop a good LIFE proposal in this field.
Various LIFE project representatives were also on hand to present their own experiences and provide guidance to potential LIFE project applicants.
- LIFE Patches & Corridors LIFE15 NAT/DE/000745: Development of a habitat network for the Violet Copper to promote a sustainable metapopulation in the northern Eifel
- CZ-SK south life LIFE16 NAT/CZ/000001: Optimalization of Natura 2000 sites management delivery in the South Bohemia Region and the territory of South Slovakia
- LIFE PollinAction LIFE19 NAT/IT/000848: Actions for boosting pollination in rural and urban areas in northeast Italy
- LIFE 4 Pollinators LIFE18 GIE/IT/000755: Involving people to protect wild bees and other pollinators in the Mediterranean
- Beetles LIFE LIFE17 NAT/FI/000181: Positive effects of restoration burning on saproxylic insects in Finland
- LIFE for SPECIES LIFE19 GIE/LV/000857: Protection of threatened entomofauna in Latvia: improved knowledge, capacity, data and awareness
- LIFE ROsalia LIFE19 NAT/RO/000023: Conservation of saproxylic beetles in the Carpathians in Romania
- Kampinos WetLIFE LIFE19 NAT/PL/000746: Protection and restoration of wetlands in Puszcza Kampinoska Natura 2000 site in Poland, creating habitat for butterflies and dragonflies
- LIFE 4 Oak Forests LIFE16 NAT IT 000245: Structure and composition enhancement in Oak Forest habitat types in Hungary and Italy
- OakeyLIFE LIFE16 NAT/HU/000599: Ecological restoration of forest steppe habitats in Hungary benefitting Cucujus cinnaberinus, Bolbelasmus unicornis, Aphydryas maturna
The LIFE Programme had a stand in the ICE 2022 exhibition area. Congress participants were able to become more familiar with both LIFE and its Calls for proposals 2022. Relevant factsheets, posters and other publications were available.