Play a key part in the Innovation Fund, the major EU instrument with over €20 billion for decarbonising Europe's energy and industrial systems. Contribute to the EU Green Deal, and support the EU to reach climate neutrality by 2050.
Apply today to evaluate the projects that will make an impact in the coming years.
Check the conditions and how to participate in the information below.
Who are we looking for?
- a technical expert with experience in one or more of these fields: Carbon capture, utilisation and storage; Industries covered under the Emission Trading System, such as but not limited to: ferrous and non-ferrous metals, chemicals, cement, concrete, lime and gypsum, refineries, paper, glass and ceramics; Hydrogen; Energy storage and cross-sectoral and industrial symbiosis projects; Renewable energy: wind, solar (PV/CSP), geothermal, bioenergy, ocean, etc.;
- a GHG expert in Lifecycle assessment or GHG emissions assessment;
- a seasoned professional and financial expert in investment banking, project development and/or financial consultancy, with experience in corporate or project finance including due-diligence, bankability and risk analysis of projects in the fields listed above.
If yes, sign up to the European Commission's expert database!
What's in it for you?
The expert assignment offers you:
- The chance to play a key part in a major new EU instrument for decarbonising Europe's industry;
- Help reach the EU Green Deal and Europe become the world's first climate-neutral continent by 2050;
- Opportunity to contribute to the creation of pipeline of selected best low-carbon innovation projects in the EU for over EUR 1.5 billion;
- Opportunity to catch-up with the latest low-carbon innovation investments in the EU.
What are the conditions?
The selected experts will assess the project proposals submitted for the Innovation Fund calls to be published in 2021 and 2022.
The selected experts will work individually and in teams, remotely or physically depending on the sanitary situation.
The European Commission will offer a competitive remuneration.
The selection will be made based on professional and technical capacity and absence of conflict of interest. Language skills, geographical balance, business-sector balance and gender balance will also be considered. Female applications are encouraged!
How to apply?
- Register in the European Commission's expert database - to obtain the expert ID (EX….)
- Send your CV to CINEA-Innovationfundfirstname.lastname@example.org, indicating your expert ID (EX….), and if you are technical or GHG or financial expert in the subject.
Make sure to:
- Complete all sections of the online application form;
- Document and add all relevant keywords best describing your expertise and background;
- Add your email address so that you may be contacted;
- Attach an updated CV to the registration;
- Take a look at the manual for experts for more information;
- Send a copy of your CV to CINEA-Innovationfundemail@example.com (Suggested email title: IF call for experts - Your name - EX… number – evaluator role (e.g.: Technical or GHG or Financial)