Who are we looking for?
We need experts to evaluate calls under the two windows of CEF Energy.
For calls related to energy infrastructure of PCIs (Projects of Common Interest). we need experts in:
- Energy systems (production, distribution, application), electricity grid systems, electricity transmission/distribution, electricity market/regulations, energy market integration, natural gas, Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG), gas transmission pipelines, electricity storage, underground gas storage, smart energy, smart grids, electricity and gas transmission regulation, carbon dioxide networks, carbon capture storage and transport, energy and environment, energy security of supply.
For calls related to cross-border renewable energy projects, we need experts in:
- Renewable energy, wind energy, solar energy, geothermal energy, ambient energy, tidal energy, wave energy, ocean energy, hydropower, biomass, landfill gas, sewage treatment plant gas, biogas, district heating, green hydrogen, cost benefit analysis, electrolyser for H2 production, ammonia cracking facilities
If your profile matches one or several of these fields of expertise, sign up to the European Commission's expert database!
What are the conditions?
The selected experts will assess the project proposals submitted for the calls published in 2023.
Experts will be called to evaluate the project proposals against award criteria as published in the call texts. Guidance on how to assess each individual criterion will be provided by CINEA.
- Experts should also have appropriate language skills in English for the tasks to be carried out.
When and how
- Experts will be required to be available over 1-2 weeks for remote evaluation of proposals, both individually and in consensus meetings, in panels together with other experts. The precise dates for evaluation will be communicated once established. A survey on availability will be sent in advance of the evaluation dates to those experts that are pre-selected based on their profile and expertise.
Conflict of interest
- Experts/Evaluators cannot, under any circumstances, have a conflict of interest with any of the organisations submitting a project proposal. You will have to sign a declaration on confidentiality and absence of a conflict of interest before you can read the proposals.
How to apply?
Interested experts should register in the European Commission's expert database.
Deadline to apply for evaluation of calls in 2023 is 15 April.
Make sure to:
- Complete all sections of the online application form
- Add all relevant keywords best describing your expertise and background
- Add your email address so that you may be contacted
- Apply as soon as possible
- Attach an updated CV to the registration
- Take a look at the manual for experts for more information.
In addition, experts must communicate their interest by sending an e-mail to CINEA-CEF-ENERGY-CALLS@ec.europa.eu, with the subject ‘Expert candidate for CEF-Energy calls’, indicating their full name, number of registration in the expert database, whether they apply to be experts for PCI calls, CB RES calls or both, and attaching a CV.
Only those experts identified as suitable will be contacted at a later stage to check availability for the evaluation dates.