CINEA has received 62 proposals for the Blue careers and Regional Flagships calls for proposals under the European Maritime, Fisheries and Aquaculture Fund (EMFAF). The calls were open from 13 October 2022 until 31 January 2023 with EUR 15.1 million total budget.
The “Blue careers for a sustainable blue economy” call made available EUR 7.5 million to contribute to the development of the next generation of blue skills and to provide opportunities for attractive and sustainable maritime careers. It received 36 proposals.
The call on “Regional flagships projects supporting sustainable blue economy in EU sea basins” provided a budget of EUR 7.6 million and focuses on EU sea basins cooperation, in particular in the Atlantic, the Black Sea, the Mediterranean, the Baltic Sea Region and the EU Outermost Regions. It received 26 proposals.
CINEA will check the admissibility and eligibility of the proposals, and will evaluate the proposals against the specific award criteria of the call. The entire evaluation process is expected to be concluded by April-May 2023, when the results will be announced.
The European Maritime, Fisheries and Aquaculture Fund (EMFAF) supports the implementation of the Common Fisheries Policy (CFP) and of the Union's maritime policy along four priorities:
- Fostering sustainable fisheries and the conservation of marine biological resources;
- Contributing to food security in the Union through competitive and sustainable aquaculture and markets;
- Enabling the growth of a sustainable blue economy and fostering prosperous coastal communities;
- Strengthening international ocean governance and enabling safe, secure, clean and sustainably managed seas and oceans.
For the period 2021-2027, it has an overall budget of EUR 6.108 billion to promote a growth and job based recovery in Europe. The budget is divided between shared (e.g. managed by Member States) and direct management (managed by the European Commission, agencies and international organisations).
The majority of the EMFAF actions in direct management delegated to CINEA are targeted at supporting policy development by the European Commission and implemented by way of procurement (purchase of services) and grants (contribution to specific actions).
- Publication date
- 1 February 2023
- European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency