CINEA has received 13 proposals for the Scientific Advice on Fisheries call under the European Maritime, Fisheries and Aquaculture Fund (EMFAF).
The call aims to promote the development and the strengthening of the scientific knowledge needed for fisheries conservation and management measures in support of the Common Fisheries Policy (CFP). The priorities related to this call are:
- the reinforcement of policy-oriented fisheries science,
- a better use of the collected scientific data, as well as
- improved cooperation between scientists and the fisheries sector.
The call also focuses on the support to the EU scientific community to develop and maintain the relevant expertise to provide high quality scientific advice on fisheries matters.
CINEA will check the admissibility and eligibility of the proposals and will evaluate the proposals against the specific award criteria of the call. The entire evaluation process is expected to be concluded by November/December 2023, when the results will be announced.
The European Maritime, Fisheries and Aquaculture Fund (EMFAF) supports the implementation of the Common Fisheries Policy (CFP) and of the Union's maritime policy along four priorities:
- Fostering sustainable fisheries and the conservation of marine biological resources;
- Contributing to food security in the Union through competitive and sustainable aquaculture and markets;
- Enabling the growth of a sustainable blue economy and fostering prosperous coastal communities;
- Strengthening international ocean governance and enabling safe, secure, clean and sustainably managed seas and oceans.
For the period 2021-2027, it has an overall budget of EUR 6.108 billion to promote a growth and job based recovery in Europe. The budget is divided between shared (e.g. managed by Member States) and direct management (managed by the European Commission, agencies and international organisations).
The majority of the EMFAF actions in direct management delegated to CINEA are targeted at supporting policy development by the European Commission and implemented by way of procurement (purchase of services) and grants (contribution to specific actions).
- Publication date
- 20 September 2023
- European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency