An Info Day about two new calls for proposals under the European Maritime, Fisheries and Aquaculture Fund (EMFAF) took place on 24 November 2022. The two calls are “Blue careers for a sustainable blue economy” and “Regional flagships projects supporting sustainable blue economy in EU sea basins”.
They opened on 13 October 2022, with the deadline on 31 January 2023. Apply now!
- maritime economy | regional cooperation
- Brussels, Belgium
- Live streaming available
- 24 Nov 2022,
09:30 AM - 10:15 AM CETRegistration and Welcome coffee
- 10:15 AM - 10:20 AM CETWelcome
Vincent FAVREL, Head of Unit D3 (Sustainable Blue Economy), CINEA
- 10:20 AM - 10:30 AM CETIntroduction to CINEA
Dirk BECKERS, Director CINEA
- 10:30 AM - 10:45 AM CETThe EU Mission Ocean and Waters Charter
Andreea STRACHINESCU, Head of Unit A1 (Maritime Innovation, marine knowledge and investments), DG MARE
- 10:45 AM - 10:55 AM CETOpening speech: setting the policy content
Charlina VITCHEVA, Director General DG MARE, European Commission
- 10:55 AM - 11:15 AM CETEMFAF blue careers Call for Proposals
Andy KONTOUDAKIS, Policy Officer A1 (Maritime Innovation, marine knowledge and investments), DG MARE
Sonia KARASAVVIDOU, Call Coordinator, D3 (Sustainable Blue Economy), CINEA
- 11:15 AM - 11:25 AM CETQ&A
- 11:25 AM - 11:40 AM CETCoffee break
- 11:40 AM - 12:20 PM CETEMFAF regional flagships call for proposals
Christos ECONOMOU, Head of Unit A3 (Sea-basin Strategies, Maritime Regional Cooperation and Maritime Security), DG MARE
Fabrice POURCEAU, Call Coordinator, D3 (Sustainable Blue Economy), CINEA
- 12:20 PM - 12:40 PM CETQ&A, including administration and financial aspects
- 12:40 PM - 02:00 PM CETLunch break
- 02:00 PM - 02:10 PM CETHow to write a successful proposal: tips and tricks
Vincenzo GENTE, Programme Coordination Manager, D3 (Sustainable Blue Economy), CINEA
- 02:10 PM - 02:30 PM CETWhy is it important to think about “life after a grant” – tips for preparing a legacy (business plan)
Anna KESICKA, COGEA, Synergies and clustering between maritime projects EMFF contract
Carlo KRASKOVIC, Project manager, ASSESS project - Maritime Technology Cluster FVG
- 02:30 PM - 02:50 PM CETFostering synergies at seabasin level
Iglika YAKOVA, Deputy Head of Unit A3 (Sea-basin Strategies, Maritime Regional Cooperation and Maritime Security)
Javier FERNANDEZ, ECORYS, Technical Director, Seabasin Assistance Mechanism
- 02:50 PM - 03:00 PM CETCoffee break
- 03:00 PM - 05:00 PM CETB2B matchmaking
With a budget of € 7.5 million, the Blue careers call aims to contribute to the development of the next generation of blue skills and to provide opportunities for attractive, sustainable maritime careers.
The regional flagship call, with a budget of around € 7.6 million, will focus on EU sea basins cooperation, in particular in the Atlantic, the Black Sea, the Mediterranean, the Baltic Sea Region and the EU Outermost Regions. It will address six different topics: diversification of fisheries activities, marine pollution, sustainable transport, maritime clusters, sustainable tourism and ocean farming.
Speakers from CINEA and DG MARE presented the application process for the EMFAF calls, providing tips and tricks on how to write a successful proposal. They also explained how to prepare a legacy plan to continue the project after the end of the grant. Finally, participants had the chance to take part in matchmaking sessions to find new partners.
If you have questions about the calls for proposals please contact CINEA-EMFAF-CALLS@ec.europa.eu .