Who are we looking for?
Technical experts with experience in one or more of these fields:
- Transport infrastructure in all transport modes: rail, road, air, maritime, inland waterways, and multimodality;
- Smart applications for transport and transport interoperability: European Rail Traffic Management System, Intelligent Transport Systems, New Technologies and Innovation, Data, electronic Freight Transport Information, Single European Sky ATM Research, River Information Systems, Vessel Traffic Monitoring and Information Systems;
- Safe and secure parking infrastructure and road safety;
- Transport infrastructure resilience, related to climate change;
- In addition, experience in socio-economic and financial analysis, risk management, demand and traffic forecast analysis, environmental impact assessments, climate proofing analysis (mitigation and adaptation), and renewable energy generation is welcome.
Financial experts with experience/knowledge in:
- Cost benefit analysis of infrastructure investment projects;
- Financial, economic, sensitivity and risk analysis of projects in the transport sector
If your profile matches one or several of these fields of expertise, sign up to the European Commission's expert database!
What are the conditions?
The selected experts will assess the project proposals submitted for the upcoming calls.
Experts will be called to evaluate the project proposals against award criteria as published in the call texts. Guidance on how to assess each individual criterion will be provided by CINEA.
- Experts must have excellent command in written and spoken English language.
When and how
- Experts will be required to be available for evaluation of proposals, both individually and in consensus meetings in panels together with other experts.
- The precise dates for evaluation will be communicated once the evaluation timeline is established. A survey on availability will be sent in advance of closure of the concerned call for proposals to those pre-selected experts
Conflict of interest
- Experts/Evaluators cannot, under any circumstances, have a conflict of interest with any of the organisations submitting a project proposal. You will have to sign a declaration on confidentiality and absence of a conflict of interest before you can read the proposals.
How to apply?
Interested experts should register in the European Commission's expert database.
Deadline to apply for evaluation of the upcoming calls is as follows:
- 30 June 2023 for the evaluation of the 2023 Military Mobility call
- 1 October 2023 for the evaluation of the general CEF Transport calls in 2024
Make sure to:
- Complete all sections of the online application form
- Add all relevant keywords best describing your expertise and background e.g. Road infrastructure, rail transport, maritime port, basic port infrastructure, SESAR, ERTMS, airport projects etc.
- Add your email address so that you may be contacted
- Apply as soon as possible
- Attach an updated CV to the registration
- Take a look at the manual for experts for more information.
In addition, experts must communicate their interest by sending an e-mail to CINEA-CALL-EXPERTSec [dot] europa [dot] eu (CINEA-CALL-EXPERTS[at]ec[dot]europa[dot]eu), with the subject ‘Expert candidate for CEF Transport calls’, indicating their full name, number of registration in the expert database, whether they apply for financial or technical experts and if technical their relevant expertise (Rail, Maritime Ports, Road, Airport etc.). Experts must also attach a recent version of their CV.
Only those experts identified as suitable will be contacted at a later stage to check availability for the evaluation dates.