Energy systems (production, distribution, application), electricity grid systems, electricity transmission/distribution, electricity market/regulations, energy market integration, natural gas, Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG), gas transmission pipelines, electricity storage, gas storage, smart energy, smart grids, electricity and gas transmission regulation, carbon dioxide (CO2), carbon capture and storage (CCS), energy and environment, energy security of supply
Road transport, rail transport, air transport, maritime transport, Intelligent Transport Systems, Air Traffic Management, safety of transport, large infrastructure projects
Financial readiness of projects
Financial due diligence, credit application review, financial structuring or bankability analysis, transport/infrastructure financing, Public-Private Partnership or concession, asset-based, project-based or structured finance
What's in it for you?
The expert assignment offers you:
- New 'EU stamped' experience on your CV
- Enhanced employability through more diverse knowledge of the EU funding programmes
- Great networking opportunities with peers and representatives from the EU institutions
- An overview on the latest developments in major projects that will shape the future of European energy and transport infrastructure
The selected experts will assess the project proposals submitted for the CEF calls published in 2021.
Experts will be called to evaluate the project proposals against award criteria as published in the call text. Guidance on how to assess each individual criterion is provided by CINEA.
Experts should also have appropriate language skills in English for the tasks to be carried out.
Evaluations of the project proposals will be conducted both remotely and in Brussels. If selected, you will be able to indicate your availability to come to Brussels during the weeks indicated in the 'availability check' survey which will be circulated only to those experts which have registered in the database and ticked the "CEF" and relevant expertise box.
Evaluators cannot under any circumstances have a conflict of interest with any of the organisations submitting a project proposal. You will have to sign a declaration on confidentiality and absence of a conflict of interest before you can read the proposals.
CINEA needs CEF call evaluators for several calls that will open in 2021 and beyond. If you want to be considered, register as soon as possible in the expert database.
Register in the European Commission's expert database.
Make sure to:
- Choose the CEF programme in the Programme Selection section
- Add any other keywords best describing your expertise and background
- Add your email address so that you may be contacted
- Apply as soon as possible
- Do not send emails to the Agency - the expert database is the only way to be selected as an independent expert!
Take a look at the manual for experts for more information.