The MarENet project aims at bridging the gap between training offer and industry needs in the ever growing and diversified Blue Economy sector. Awarded the “Atlantic Project Award” in Blue Skills and Ocean Literacy in 2020, the MarENet project ended in October 2021, but continues its activities under the brand Atlantic Maritime Knowledge Centre MarENet (AMKC MarENet).
Led by a consortium of 8 partners, composed by training centres, representatives of the port economic sector and public authorities from Ireland, France and Spain, the project’s main objectives and achievements are:
- Design and implement the Northwest European Atlantic Maritime Network made up by training centres and industry, enabling a long-term cooperation between blue economy sectors and related value chains;
- Respond to the needs of the port maritime market and maritime curricula, addressing skills shortages and achieving the development of new business ideas;
- Enhance visibility and opportunities about blue economy and blue careers.
MarENet tackled the mismatch between the Blue Economy industry demands and training offer in several ways. As an example, the project developed digital tools to monitor the current status of demands and training offers and created a searchable and geolocated catalogue of trainings. The tools also provide information about jobs, a careers portal, a B2B platform to enable networking in a trusted environment. A Digital Knowledge Transfer tool was also developed, providing a full e-learning environment.
The project organised a Blue Entrepreneurship Programme that provided training and mentorship to 15 participants with a viable business proposal. MarENet is part of the Blue Growth strategy of the Port of Vigo (ES) and its results are reported periodically in the History and Training committee of its Steering Council.
To learn more about MarENet, check the news article published by DG MARE “A perfect matchmaking in the blue economy sector: MarENet” and the project website which includes presentations, newsletters, an educational game for children and much more.
- Projekta ilgums
- Projekta īstenošanas vietas
- Kopējais budžets
- €867 923
- ES ieguldījums
- €694 33880% of the overall budget
- Projekta tīmekļvietne
Port of Vigo (Spain)
Marine Institute-IMDO (Ireland)
Munster Technological University (Ireland)
La Rochelle Université (France)