FIThydro (Fishfriendly Innovative Technologies for Hydropower) aims at improving river ecology and achieving sustainable fish populations in the hydropower plants' environment (HPP) and innovating the existing hydropower technologies and devices.
The project is establishing new mitigation measures and cost-efficient environmental solutions to avoid individual fish damage and enhancing population developments in the HPP areas. It aims at carrying out an evaluation of the facilities for upstream and downstream fish migration, of the different bypass systems including their use as habitat and the influence of sediment on habitat quality.
The methodologies used in the project range from preparatory deskwork, conducting experimental tests at the test sites and laboratories, scenario modelling based on available data from test cases, numerical modelling application and development and the development of decision support tools.
See EU factsheet for more information.
- H2020-EU.3.3. - SOCIETAL CHALLENGES - Secure, clean and efficient energy
- Projektets varighed
- 1. nov 2016 - 30. apr 2021
- Projektets lokaliteter
- AustriaBelgiumEstoniaGermanyFranceNorwayPortugalSpainSwitzerlandUnited Kingdom
- Samlet budget
- €7 171 550
- €5 888 42082.1 % af det samlede budget
- European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency