- ISBN: 978-92-9202-190-0, doi: 10.2826/94993
- Datum zveřejnění
- 15 leden 2016
- Autor /Autorka
- Výkonná agentura pro malé a střední podniky
Coastal and maritime tourism is an important subsector of tourism and the largest maritime activity in Europe. Employing over 3.2 million people, this sector generates a total of € 183 billion in gross value added and represents over one third of the maritime economy.
Building upon the sector’s capacity to contribute to a smart, sustainable and inclusive economy in Europe a number of actions were identified in the European Commission’s Communication on “A European Strategy for more Growth and Jobs in Coastal and Maritime Tourism” (COM(2014)86), aiming to help the sector grow sustainably and provide added stimulus to Europe’s coastal regions.
Three particular actions are taken up through this study:
- Identification of ways to improve island connectivity and design innovative tourism strategies for (remote) islands;
- The promotion of a diversified tourism offer, including by integrating coastal and inland attractors;
- Innovative practices for marina development.