The revised Horizon 2020 Work Programme 2018-2020 was published on 2 July 2019. The parts of the Work Programme that relate to 2020 (topics, dates, budget) have, with this revised version, been updated. The changes relating to this revised part are explained on the Funding & Tenders Portal.
The Horizon 2020 Energy Efficiency call 2018-2020 provides support for innovation through:
- Research and demonstration of more energy-efficient technologies and solutions;
- Market uptake measures to remove market and governance barriers by addressing financing, regulations and the improvement of skills and knowledge and focuses on six areas:
- Public authorities;
- Industry, products & services;
- Heating & cooling;
- Innovative financing.
Call for proposals 2020
On 2 July 2019, the new call for proposals for the Secure, Clean and Efficient Energy topics of the Horizon 2020 EU funding programme was launched. Visit the Funding and Tender opportunities portalfor more information.
The first deadline for the Call 2020 has elapsed on the 15th January 2020 and a total of 72 proposals were received.
The last Energy Efficiency Call for proposals under Horizon 2020 opened on 5 March 2020 with 10 areas of funding:
- Stimulating demand for sustainable energy skills in the building sector (B4E-2)
- Upgrading smartness of existing buildings through innovations for legacy equipment (B4E-3)
- Next-generation of Energy Performance Assessment and Certification (B4E-4)
- Financing for energy efficiency investments - Smart Finance for Smart Buildings (B4E-11)
- National roundtables to implement the Smart Finance for Smart Buildings initiative (B4E-12)
- Aggregation - Project Development Assistance (B4E-13)
Consumer & Services
- Enabling next-generation of smart energy services valorising energy efficiency and flexibility at demand-side (B4E-14)
- The role of consumers in changing the market through informed decision and collective actions (EC-1)
- Mitigating household energy poverty (EC-2)
Public authorities & Policy Support
The deadline to submit your proposal is 10 September 2020(17:00 hours Brussels time).
Proposals will be evaluated in autumn 2020 and applicants will be informed about the outcome of the evaluation at the beginning of 2021.