Registration as experts
Registration needs to be done exclusively through the European Commission’s Funding & tender opportunities Portal expert database. The experts who have previously expressed interest in EMFF calls and want to remain to be considered for future ones, are requested to re-register under the Funding & tender opportunities Portal (earlier Participant Portal).
Experts who already registered in the Commission database are invited to access My Expert Area tab, and verify if under European Commission, Executive and Regulatory Agencies, Joint Undertakings (and related programmes) the EMFF is ticked among the list of programmes (tab My profile/'Who sees my profile') and update their area of expertise.
The call for expression of interest is permanently open (there is no deadline).
Fields of expertise
We are looking for candidates who are specialised in one or more of the following fields related to the Integrated Maritime Policy and the Common Fisheries Policy, in particular (list is not exhaustive and may be updated in view of future needs):
Maritime/blue economy, maritime engineering and technologies
- Aquaculture, seafood industry
- Coastal and maritime tourism
- Maritime services, waterborne transport, ports
- Ocean engineering, shipping, shipbuilding
- Marine renewable energy, offshore and underwater technologies
- Marine biotechnology
- Innovation and SME business development
- Maritime clusters
- Marine biology
- Marine ecosystems
- Integrated coastal zone management
- Marine environmental policies
- Fisheries science
- Marine litter
- Marine ecosystems restoration
Skills for the blue economy
- Education and training for maritime professions
Cross-cutting marine/maritime action areas
- Marine knowledge and research, ocean observation and monitoring, oceanography
- Maritime security and surveillance
- Maritime spatial planning
- International ocean governance
- Maritime economy
- Marine and maritime data processing and analysis
- Collaboration with non-EU countries in the Mediterranean
- Community-Led Local Development
Registration in the database does not automatically mean that you will be selected for task assignments.
Selected experts may be managed via the Funding & tender opportunities Portal. By registering, you agree to accept to use the electronic exchange system in accordance with the Funding & tender opportunities Portal Terms & Conditions.
All sections of the registration form must be completed (and be kept up-to-date regularly) in order to be selected and contracted. Areas of expertise and professional experience must be adequately detailed and documented.
For more information about the protection of the personal data of the applicants, please refer to the privacy statement available in the online application form.
You will be required to agree to a code of conduct (including confidentiality aspects) and to confirm that there is no conflict of interest for each assignment.