Here are some highlights from our recent questions and answers session on the LIFE Call for proposals 2021.
1. Can instructions be removed from the application forms?
No. Instructions must be maintained on the template. Your proposal will not be evaluated otherwise.
2. Can we include third countries in proposals?
Yes, you can involve third countries in actions, but there are two conditions. The project coordinator must be based in an eligible country. And actions performed in the third country must be essential to achieve both the project and EU’s targets.
NATURE AND BIODIVERSITY
3. Should my nature project be transnational?
We do prefer transnational projects but a local project that is well designed with a clear priority can also be accepted.
4. Is a project penalised if it only targets one endangered species?
Not at all. A nature project can focus on one threatened species – this has always been the case.
CIRCULAR ECONOMY & QUALITY OF LIFE
5. Are Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) mandatory for environment governance projects?
Yes, they are. They must have a clear methodology and baseline. Examples of KPIs for these kinds of projects could be behavioural change or numbers of people the project informed.
6. Tell us about the European Bauhaus priority topic
The New European Bauhaus aims to merge sustainability with good design. It is a pilot programme, and we are curious to see how many applications we receive.
CLIMATE CHANGE MITIGATION AND ADAPTATION
7. For the climate call, can a work package have two beneficiaries?
No. There can only be one lead beneficiary per work package. You can clarify the specific roles of your partners in your proposal.
8. Is there a list of the Energy Intensive Industries (EEIS) targeted by the climate change mitigation Call?
No, there is no priority list as we want to attract innovative projects from all kinds of industries. Companies, both big and small, are invited to apply.
OPERATING GRANTS FOR NON-PROFIT MAKING ENTITIES
9. Can an NGO apply for a LIFE NGO operating grant and a LIFE action grant?
Yes, you can apply for both, but there can be no overlap between the two proposals. This avoids double funding the same activity.
10. Is it possible to sub-contract work to members in your NGO network?
Yes, you can. You should always ensure that your contractors offer value for money, that there is no conflict of interest, and that the procurement rules of your organisation are respected.
CLEAN ENERGY TRANSITION
11. How is the LIFE clean energy transition sub-programme different from the previous energy calls?
LIFE Clean Energy Transition is building on the Horizon 2020 energy efficiency programme. There are 18 topics in this Call. There are new funding and pre-financing rates, and this is a 70-page limit. See the application forms for more.
12. Will CINEA directly manage CET projects, or will external advisors be involved?
You will work with CINEA project managers and financial officers.
FIND OUT MORE
Check the updated frequently asked questions (FAQs) related to the LIFE 2021 Calls for Proposals and watch the recordings of the dedicated Q&A sessions on general and financial questions and the Calls on Nature and Biodiversity and Circular Economy and Quality of Life as well as the Calls on Climate Action, Clean Energy Transition and Operating Grants NGOs.
- Publikācijas datums
- 22 septembris 2021