Today the European Commission launched two new calls for proposals under the European Maritime, Fisheries and Aquaculture Fund (EMFAF) with EU funding of EUR 15.1 million in total. The two calls are “Blue careers for a sustainable blue economy” and “Regional flagships projects supporting sustainable blue economy in EU sea basins”.
With a budget of EUR 7.5 million, the blue careers call aims to contribute to the development of the next generation of blue skills and to provide opportunities for attractive and sustainable maritime careers.
The objective is to develop the necessary skillsets to support the European Green Deal initiatives promoting a sustainable blue economy. This call aims to support innovative cooperation projects, bringing together the blue economy industry and relevant marine and maritime educational/academic institutions and/or vocational training providers at all levels. The call has 80% co-funding rate.
The regional flagships call, with a budget of EUR 7.6 million, focuses on EU sea basins cooperation, in particular in the Atlantic, the Black Sea, the Mediterranean, the Baltic Sea Region and the EU Outermost Regions. It has 80% co-funding rate for all the topics, except for topic 5, which has 85% co-funding rate.
The call addresses six different topics:
- Topic 1: promoting the diversification of fisheries activities in the Atlantic area (EUR 2 million available)
- Topic 2: harnessing preparedness and response to marine pollution in the Black Sea (EUR 0.6 million available)
- Topic 3: promoting sustainable transport and ports in the Mediterranean (EUR 2.4 million available)
- Topic 4: fostering maritime clusters as an innovative enabler for a Sustainable Blue Economy in the Mediterranean (EUR 1 million available)
- Topic 5: promoting sustainable maritime and coastal tourism in the Outermost Regions (EUR 1 million available)
- Topic 6: promoting regenerative ocean farming in the Baltic Sea Region (EUR 0.6 million available)
EMFAF Info Day
CINEA organises an Info Day on the Blue careers and Regional flagships calls on 24 November 2022 from 09:30 until 17:00 (CET) in Brussels. Speakers from CINEA and DG MARE present the application process for the two calls, providing tips and tricks on how to write a successful proposal. They also explain how to prepare a legacy plan to continue the project after the end of the grant. Finally, participants take part in matchmaking sessions to find new partners.
The recording and PPT presentations are made available on the dedicated webpage.
How to apply?
Applicants have to submit their proposal electronically via the Funding & Tenders Portal Electronic Submission System
When to apply?
Applicants can submit their proposals until 31 January 2023 at 17h00 CET.
The European Maritime, Fisheries and Aquaculture Fund (EMFAF) supports the implementation of the Common Fisheries Policy (CFP) and of the Union's maritime policy along four priorities:
- Fostering sustainable fisheries and the conservation of marine biological resources;
- Contributing to food security in the Union through competitive and sustainable aquaculture and markets;
- Enabling the growth of a sustainable blue economy and fostering prosperous coastal communities;
- Strengthening international ocean governance and enabling safe, secure, clean and sustainably managed seas and oceans.
For the period 2021-2027, it has an overall budget of EUR 6.108 billion to promote a growth and job based recovery in Europe. The budget is divided between shared (e.g. managed by Member States) and direct management (managed by the European Commission, agencies and international organisations).
The majority of the EMFAF actions in direct management delegated to CINEA are targeted at supporting policy development by the European Commission and implemented by way of procurement (purchase of services) and grants (contribution to specific actions).
For more information
- Blue Careers Call's webpage
- Regional Flagships Call’s webpage
- EMFAF Info Day - 24 November 2022 in Brussels.
- EMFAF infographic
- Blue Careers cluster story with EMFF relevant projects
- Follow us on Twitter and on LinkedIn
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel to see the latest videos of EMFF/EMFAF European projects
- 13 oktoober 2022
- Euroopa Kliima, Taristu ja Keskkonna Rakendusamet