On 17 and 18 June, the Greater Manchester Natural Capital Group, the Natural Course and IGNITION projects, and the University of Salford are bringing together leading natural environment practitioners to discuss the challenge of increasing nature-based solutions in Greater Manchester.
The one-and-a-half-day online conference is free to attend and is split into three parts:
- 17 June 10:00 -12:00: Natural Capital Group Conference including keynote speakers and live panel discussion.
- 17 June 12:40 – 14:30: IGNITION NBS Living Lab Launch at the University of Salford followed by a regional and international perspective on urban nature-based solutions, including a panel discussion with Mayors from UK, Germany, France, Australia and Canada.
- 18 June 10:00 – 12:00: Natural Course Greater Manchester’s Water Forum bringing together organisations and partnerships from all parts of the Greater Manchester water cycle to share knowledge and experience and to build an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of other organisations active in this area.
- natural resources
The event brings together leading practitioners from across the public, private and third sectors including:
- Sustainability and environmental managers and policymakers
- Biodiversity specialists and land managers
- Planners, development and regeneration professionals
- Health and social care practitioners
- Utility companies including water, wastewater, and waste management
- Highways and infrastructure managers
- Open space and recreation professionals
- Nature-based solutions specialists and suppliers
- EU partners and projects
- Any projects researching and delivering climate change adaptation, urban nature-based solutions and green financing