The Italian partners behind the LIFE SAMFIX project are holding their national conference on 5 November.
You can register at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To access the event, a COVID-19 Green Pass is required.
- climate change | forest | plant health control | environmental protection
- Cisterna di Latina LT, Italy
- Oasi di Pantanello“G. Bovina” hall, Via Provinciale Ninfina, 66, 04012 Cisterna di Latina LT, Italy
- Programme and more information
LIFE SAMFIX is a transnational project to protect Mediterranean forests against the spread of invasive Asian ambrosia beetles of the Xylosandrus genus.
The conference will share knowledge and experiences gained with stakeholders of the forestry sector on how to deal with Xylosandrus spp. infestations in Mediterranean forests. The goal is to facilitate their take-up by national parks, natural reserves, regional and municipal bodies, as well as nurseries, parks and forests.
Programme at a glance
After a welcome from the President of Fondazione Caetani, the President of Circeo National Park and the Regional Councillor of ecological transition and digital transformation, project experts will speak about the following:
- problems related to Xylosandrus spp. infestations
- the early warning, monitoring and containment techniques that have been assessed and rolled out in in the Lazio Region, in the south of France and Valencia
- The SAMFIX application, knowledge platform and innovative traps developed under the project.
In the afternoon, participants will take a tour of the Giardini di Ninfa and Oasi di Pantanello to detect signs of Xylosandrus spp. infestations. They will also learn how to use the SAMFIX Agent application and how to work the traps.