The Covenant of Mayors Investment Forum - Energy Efficiency Finance Market Place took place in Brussels on 18 October.
- energy efficiency
- Tuesday 18 October 2022, 09:00 - 17:00 (CEST)
The 2022 edition of the forum was jointly organised by the European Commission’s Directorates-Generals for Energy and Climate Action and the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA), in collaboration with the EU Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy.
15 pioneering initiatives and projects that encourage change at local level, such as sustainable plans and strategies for the energy transition, energy efficiency financing in the public and private sector and investments in home renovation, were presented from LIFE, H2020 and ELENA.
Opening plenary speakers included:
- Dirk Beckers, Director of CINEA
- Clara De La Torre, Deputy Director-General of the Directorate General for Climate Action, European Commission
- Matthew Baldwin, Deputy Director-General of the Directorate General for Energy, European Commission
- Tanya Hristova, Mayor of Gabrovo, Covenant of Mayors Ambassador and Chair of the Bulgarian Delegation at the European Committee of the Regions
- A recorded video message from Thomas Östros, Vice President of the European Investment Bank (EIB)
Two LIFE projects were presented during the forum:
- Italy - LIFE Veneto ADAPT – helping Veneto cities respond to the impacts of climate change
- Belgium - LIFE Pact – adapting cities for tomorrow