Unlocking investments in clean technologies is at the heart of the European Green Deal and is a pivotal element in Europe’s strategy to repair economic damage from the COVID-19 crisis. The Innovation Fund with its around €10 billion of support over 2020-2030 is one of the world’s largest funding programmes for the demonstration of innovative low-carbon technologies. That makes it a key tool for Europe to become the first climate-neutral bloc in the world by 2050. But it cannot deliver this endeavour alone and will need to leverage public and private sources of funding to deliver the technological revolution that Europe needs.
This virtual conference will be the first of a series of Financing Innovative Clean Tech conferences designed to raise awareness among the community of public and private financiers about the many business opportunities brought about by the Innovation Fund and to promote a dialogue with industry.
After the conference, participants will be able to organise 1:1 meetings with other participants at the "Virtual Matchmaking".
- clean technology | financing
- Live streaming available
- Innovation and Networks Executive Agency
- First Financing Innovative Clean Tech virtual conference
By 2025 the first projects awarded funding under the Innovation Fund will need to reach financial close. This 1st Financing Innovative Clean Tech virtual conference will provide insight into how to reach this crucial step of project development.
Financiers coming from different market segments and industry will share their views on:
- What makes an innovative clean tech project attractive for financiers?
- How to balance profitability and innovativeness?
- How to structure the financing of innovative clean tech projects?
- What added value can the Innovation Fund bring to investors and project promoters?
Videos for replay
If you could not attend the sessions, or want to check them again. They are now available for replay: