The 54th International Paris Air Show took place in Le Bourget from 19 to 25 June 2023. The show brought together all the players in the global aviation industry to showcase the latest technological innovations.
Several European Commission departments - DG Research & Innovation, DG Defence Industry and Space, DG Mobility and Transport, the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA), the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), the Clean Aviation Joint Undertaking and the SESAR Joint Undertaking - presented the European Union's policies, strategies and funding opportunities for aviation to a large and international audience.
- air transport | transport research | aviation security | innovation
- Monday 19 June 2023, 08:30 - Sunday 25 June 2023, 18:00 (CEST)
- Paris, France
The first four days of the show were reserved for trade visitors, followed by three days open to the general public. Taking place every two years, the air show attracts more than 300,000 visitors and around 2,500 exhibitors.
CINEA was present at the joint European Commission stand in Hall 2A - Stand B276.
Take the chance to meet us, our EU projects, and hear first-hand about our activities and funding opportunities!
CINEA staff and EU-supported projects were also involved in several side events during the week:
- 20/06/2023 16:30-17:30 | Paris Air Lab: ReThink Aviation - ReUse, ReCycle, RePair, ReBuild (high level panel co-organised by DG Research and Development and European Research Establishment in Aeronautics)
- 21/06/2023 15:00-18:00 | Hall 2C - Stand E317: Climate-Aviation Technologies: cluster event of Horizon Europe-supported collaborative projects (OVERLEAF, MINIMAL, BECOM, MATISSE, HESTIA, EFACA)
- 21/06/2023 13:00-18:00 | AC Hotel Paris Le Bourget Airport: Towards Sustainable Aviation: a comprehensive strategy to lower aviation emissions(ClimOP project final event)
- 22/06/2023 14:00-16:30 | Musée de l'Air et de l'Espace: Transition to Green Deal Airports (joint event of the Green Deal Airports projects - OLGA, STARGATE, TULIPS)