- natural resources
- Transmissão em direto via Internet disponível
Nature is at a crossroads. We are losing plants and animals at rates far greater than at any other time in recorded history. The global population of wild species has fallen by 60% in just 40 years, and roughly one million species are at risk of extinction. LIFE projects are helping to counter this decline as can be seen in the Bringing nature back through LIFE study.
This webinar will present the LIFE programme’s extensive experience in nature restoration with a particular focus on the Netherlands. It will also look at the Biodiversity Strategy for 2030 and the first legally binding targets for nature restoration coming later this year. The EU’s ambition to build a Trans-European Nature Network will also be discussed.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Humberto Delgado Rosa, Director of Natural Capital, DG Environment, European Commission
- Angelo Salsi, Head of Unit CINEA.D.D2 LIFE Environment (Nature & Circular Economy)
- Teo Wams, Director of nature Conservation at Natuurmonumenten
- Hetty Klavers, Chair of the Water Authority Zuiderzeeland and Board Member of the Dutch Water Authorities
- Danielle de Nie, Director at Wij.land